For BMO Financial Group (BMO), a top North American bank, these capabilities allowed the organization to rapidly build an end-to-end digital experience for their commercial credit card process. With Daylight’s low-code platform, the bank executed on a key digital business initiative with far greater speed and agility than a costly vendor solution could deliver. As a result, they were able to:
- Go live with a new small business credit card experience in 6 weeks, using only one internal SME
- Build a personalized digital experience for small business clients, without waiting for their IT team to be available
- Decrease small business credit card application processing times, and reduce application errors by 90%
- Deploy a consistent, omnichannel experience in branch, the call center, and online
Beyond RPA, low-code solutions can also augment optical character recognition (OCR) and AI technologies. OCR is a technology that converts typed, printed, or handwritten text into machine-encoded text that can be readily searched and recognized. However, OCR doesn’t correct mistakes when data is ingested; it simply reads what the user submits—errors and all. If BMO relied on OCR to recognize the text and images within its scanned-in paper applications, the experience would still be slow and frustrating, and the bank’s data would still be riddled with errors. If BMO used that error-filled data as the basis for their automations, the inaccuracies would ripple out far beyond that one process alone. With Daylight, BMO can now automatically verify the information that customers key in on the online application, ensuring the input is accurate and complete every time.
“The Daylight team was great to work with—nimble, professional, able to adjust content in real time. They helped make the launch of our new products a huge success.”
– Adrian Lang, Head of Operations and Small Business Solutions, BMO
With the right low-code solution, organizations eliminate manual steps and human error and gain high-quality “fuel” to drive their automation technologies.